Cornell Sailing Events has an exciting year of sailing ahead in 2016, beginning with the Atlantic Odyssey II which leaves from Santa Cruz de Tenerife on 9 January 2016 and finishing with the Barbados 50 and Atlantic Odyssey I at the end of the year.
Marina Santa Cruz located in the centre of the historic capital of Tenerife, will be the hub for Odyssey events leaving from the Canary Islands in 2016, thanks to sponsorship by the Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Atlantic Odyssey II Program of Events
• 09:00 Daily VHF broadcast on Channel 69 with rally updates & important announcements
• 09:00 Atlantic Odyssey office opens
Office hours Monday – Friday 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00
• 11:00 Welcome press conference at the Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
followed by cocktail lunch in the Port Authority
• 17:00 “Aventura Northwest Passage” presentation in “Salón del Mar” in the Real Club Náutico de Tenerife followed by cocktails.
• 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00 Safety Inspections by Jimmy Cornell & Pascal Guiraudou
• 18:00-24:00h. Food tasting experience in the Old Market “Nuestra Señora de África”
• 19:00-24:00h. The Three Kings Parade:
o Starting in Avenida de Bélgica through Plaza República Dominicana, Asuncionistas, Ramón y Cajal, Galcerán, Plaza de Weyler, Méndez Núñez, El Pilar, Villalba Hervás, La Marina and ending in Plaza de La Candelaria.
o Santa Cruz de Tenerife map
• Public holiday: Marina office closed
• 09:00-12:00 Safety Inspections by Jimmy Cornell & Pascal Guiraudou
• 14:00-15:00 Strategy and Tactics for the Atlantic Crossing by Jimmy Cornell (Venue to be confirmed)
• 15:00-16:00 Open Q & A forum with Jimmy Cornell & Pascal Guiraudou: Preparations for the Atlantic crossing & arrival in the Caribbean (Venue to be confirmed)
• 08:30-13:30h. Visit El Teide. The highest peak in Spain is the most visited National Park as well and in addition, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• 17:00 Skippers’ briefing in the Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
• 18:30h. Plaque Exchange Ceremony in the “Salón Noble” at Real Club Náutico de Tenerife followed by farewell cocktail
• 11:00h. Start Atlantic Odyssey II.
Meet the boats: Atlantic Odyssey Entry List